Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 14 August 2013

WOYWW - 219

 So sorry if you are calling in here to see crafting work, but life took over this week, and no crafting has been done.  So, rather than showing you the same photo as last week, I thought I would show you my new toy - a bit bigger than Cuttlebugs or Cameos etc, but totally luscious, and I cannot wait to get it in my sticky mitts.

I finally got to drive it this morning and my smile was from ear to ear.  Just one item to be put right, new seat covers to get and I can have it.  My only problem is to make my existing fuel last till then so I fill up the new one rather that the old one.

I am seriously impressed by the insurance company who actually emailed the changed documents to me within an hour, so now I can go out tomorrow and tax it (another mortgage required).

My workdesk this week is really my whole house and my life.  The first list of jobs, including the big one of the whole roof, is complete and the second list well on the way.  That includes the base for the new greenhouse, rehanging a door, a new stair gate to keep the dogs penned upstairs with me, a new banister rail, a new door for the gas meter box, and two new cupboards in the porch.  I do have a third list to follow.  At the moment, I have yet another skip on the front drive, together with a huge van, which swallows up mucky, hairy dogs and spits out sweet smelling shorn dogs.

This the first one, all clean and fresh for the moment - not sure how long it will last, though.  I am sure her first task will be to find a muddy puddle.

For those of you still reading, it is time I directed you to the head teacher's office, which you will find by following the bottom corridor till you find this link.  Miss Julia will have a lovely long list of real craft desks for you to inspect and enjoy.  Have a good week.  xxx

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ah, what a lovely new toy, and it's black ... something I share with Henry Ford is a preference for cars that are painted black :) wonder if there's a little van that will swallow up a scruffy cat and bring her back looking pristine. It's not as though Bonnie looks for muddy puddles - water, heaven forbid! But she is getting old and arthritic and can't groom herself as well as she once did, and certainly won't let me do the job - well, not without anaesthetic! Your to-do list is big enough to crush an elephant and I'm exhausted just reading through it. You will need a holiday when you tick off the last item. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #61

Unknown said...

very nice, sure the dogs will enjoy their new wheels.

Another skip? oh dear.....

Lynda #89

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Life sure is busy! I'm very envious about your new motor, I love those cars. Have fun driving it :-)
And has your dog rolled in something disgusting yet?? Lol
Hugs, LLJ 60 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg- I totally agree about the car tax! Ours is due this month- £260! I nearly fainted when I saw it. I'm sure it wasn't that much last year. By the way, you can do it online, you don't have to jaunt off to the PO, or sort out all the documents- they just check it out online.You are covered from the moment you apply for it too. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #45 xx

Helen said...

You seem to have jumped a week missing 219 - I left out the number completely today as I totally lost track of where we are!! Love your new "toy" even though I don't drive (hate it) - enjoy when you get it. Good to read of good service too... Helen 21

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. Love the Disco! We had one as a courtesy vehicle earlier this year and didn't want to give it back. Good luck with all the other jobs. Ali x #56

Linda Simpson said...

Loving you new car Maggie. Looks like you are going to be busy for quite a few weeks to come.

Take care and crafty Hugs
Linda xxx

Di said...

Oh Maggie, I'm so very proud of you for everything you're doing. Wishing you lots of happy miles behind the wheel!

Hugs, Di xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...


Goodness, dear Maggie. That's some new work space (grin). I can see why you're excited.

Happy WOYWW from #1.

roffeycreations said...

Hi Maggie - lovely new car - I don't drive myself but can still appreciate that new car feeling LOL - Have a great week - Happy WOYWW Mxx #70

ike said...

WoWza - Fabbo set of new wheels !!! I am jealous :-)
I hope you have got at least one more thing crossed off your list by now.
Thank you for letting me visit :-)

Happy WOYWW
IKE in Greece #99

glitterandglue said...

Maggie, you are amazing. You are achieving so much. Each time we WOYWW you have something else ticked off!! Brilliant. Well done. The new wheels are pretty cool - hope you really enjoy them.
Take care.
Margaret #69

Anne said...

Love your new wheels!!! I didn't get to join in last week as I was away visiting mum as my sister went away and mum still needs support. Not as much crafting going on as I would like but doing a bit here and there. Hugs Anne x #77
Sorry I'm late.

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Maggie,

What a GREAT new set of wheels! Way back in high school I would manage to put in 25 cents worth of gas and cruise all night - a favorite past time in northern California where I'm from. Right now gas is around $3.50/gallon.

Happy WOYWW
Peace,
Kay (23)

ddazzled71 said...

It definitely sounds like you have had a busy week and lots more things to do, your new car looks fabulous. Enjoy! Danie (a very late #133)