Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 26 June 2013

WOYWW - 212

You may notice a distinct lack of a photo this week.  That is because absolutely nothing on any desk has really changed over the last seven days.  I am still ploughing through reams of boring paperwork and cannot settle to anything else until it is all sorted and put away sensibly.

I managed to wrench my Achilles last week, just getting into the car, and have been limping more than usual since then.  On the positive side, I have had an Indian head massage and some deep massage on my neck and shoulders, which has eased the tension there.  Also on Monday, I had a call from friends, who now live on a narrow boat touring the waterways, to say they were close by at a point where I could get to with the car, so we met at the waterside pub and had a lovely meal and chat.

Today's main job is to tow the caravan down to the dealer to have some warantee (sp?) work done, and hopefully to persuade them to store it free of charge while the house roof is being done, starting tomorrow.  A friend is coming over to help with the hitching up and setting the towing mirrors, checking lights etc.  So I am off now to get ready for that.  Then I might spend this afternoon catching up with visiting everyone who has been kind enough to leave me comments over this past week, in between watching Wimbledon with my local Evesham strawberries close at hand to nibble on.

I will go back to dealing with British Gas and annoying insurance companies etc tomorrow.  Meanwhile, I am sure Julia has many fascinating desks on show over at her Stamping Ground centre.  Have fun and I hope to see all your wonderful creations later today.

17 comments:

Jackie said...

That head and shoulder massage sounds as if it was a very relaxing
Be careful when you get back caravan hitched up !
Jackie 29

Julie Lee said...

Oh, so sorry to hear of your painful injury and boring paperwork! Hope everything starts looking up very soon! Julie Ann #65

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Glad to see you dropping in from time to time Maggie - things do get easier I promise xxx

JoZart Designs said...

Lunch down at the waterside sounds a good trip and meeting up with friends even better. you've so much to do that you'd rather not have to do it seems. Hope your achilles heals soon, think of you often,
Love Jo x

Helen said...

Hi, Maggie. The paperwork does take a long time, doesn't it!! Good that you had a chance to catch up with some friends, in between. Love, Helen, 7

Winnie said...

Hope your tendon is doing better. Jut the thought is painful. Your friends sound like they are having an adventure! My late hubby and I used to have a boat and we would sit in the bay and fish, or on the ocean we would tool around. I love the water! Glad you got some visiting in! Enjoy the week! Winnie#86

Linda Simpson said...

Hello Maggie, phew you have been busy. I hope you are keeping well and apart from your Achilles heel. Take care and enjoy Wimbledon.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maggie, it sounds like the paperwork is taking over your life at the moment. Having been an executor twice in recent years, I know just how time-consuming and complicated the form-filling - as if life wasn't difficult enough!!! And it doesn't help that you've hurt your foot too :( Hope you manage to persuade the dealer to house your caravan FOC, and with the planned outing and the Clarity workshop in August (just a tad envious) it seems you have given yourself much to look forward to. Hope you've had a good WOYWW, Elizabeth x #72

PS: didn't miss the photo at all :)

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, good to see you back, even if without piccies. Hope the caravan thing has gone well, and that you had such a lovely day out.Hoping all is well in techland too! Have a great week,Love, Shaz #48 xx

Caro said...

Sorry to hear about your Achilles...it is so annoying when that happens. Good Luck with the caravan, I hope it goes well. Take care. Thanks for sharing. Happy WOYWW. Caro x (#132)

Mrs.D said...

Another one with neck and shoulder problems, do we bring them on ourselves with too much crafting, I wonder.
Don't beat yourself up about paperwork and all the other things that still need to be done. It must be so hard having to do all these things on your own,
Maybe an hour spent doing craft might cheer you up enough to do a bit more paperwork.

The Taming of the Glue said...

Hope the Achilles tendon is on the mend soon. All that paperwork is so daunting but has to be done, I hate it! Hope the caravan gets stored OK and you sort out the gas etc. You've certainly got a lot on your shoulders. Sending you hugs. Happy (late) WOYWW. Pam#28

Marit said...

Sorry to hear about your foot and all the tension/stress you have to deal with... hope things get better and more relaxing for you! Take care, hug from HOlland. Marit (woyww #91)

trisha too said...

I hope you get some time to art/craft soon, Maggie--a little art therapy is always a good thing!!

:)trisha
#144 this week
with a love apple

KatzElbows said...

I thought I was tired. Then I read your post and am now really tired! Good luck with it all and I hope your foot gets better soon.

Happy belated WOYWW.
Cheers, Rachel #53

Cazzy said...

Hi Maggie, ouchie, I hope that heals up (excuse the pun) soon. I was reading about your contraption, well done, I guess you have to take it everywhere. Also glad you got the caravan sorted and good luck with the builders (sensible dogs).

Cazzy x #133

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Maggie,

ah Wimbledon and strawbs they sound like they go together very well and good for resting the Achilles so it can heal well :D not good so trust it fixes itself soon.. so glad you were able to catch up with your friends and see you managed the van just fin..happy WOYWW Shaz in oz.x #16