Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Saturday 30 March 2013

Anniversary Card

This is one of the cards I promised to show after Wednesday, but time beat me yesterday. They have not been delivered yet but I don't think the recipients will see this.  I am fairly sure they do not follow my blog or Facebook.  If any of their relatives see it, please keep it a secret.

This is a parchment card made to a pattern by Julie Rocas.  There is a lot to it, but I did it in the caravan over a couple of days.  I did it as a wrap.  Probably, if I did it again, I would add another border and just attach it to the front of the card with invisible thread. There were quite a lot of elements to count and get right,, so it was a bit of a challenge, but fun to do.



There was a lot of shading as well as the pricking, and then the colouring was done from behind with Derwent watercolour pencils, with very minimal application of water.

Photographing it was a challenge too as you can see from the poor quality, but I hope you can get some idea of the lovely design by Julie.  The ribbon down the edge is not one that I would have bought from a shop to go with it, but the colours and the flowers seemed to work. 

I haven't done a lot of parchment recently but I really must get back to it.  I have a baby card to do fr one, so watch this space.

Hope you all have a good Easter.

4 comments:

Di said...

Oh wow and double wow Maggie! This is just breathtakingly beautiful - and the ribbon works so well. But, it's all your gorgeous work I keep staring at. I have a friend who lives close, she used to do parchment work so I've seen some in real life - but absolutely nothing as detailed and delicate as this!! It's really stunning - love it.

Have a lovely Easter! Hugs, Di xx

glitterandglue said...

This card is beautiful - well done for having loads of patience to achieve it! I really enjoy pergamano, too, but don't think I am up to your standard yet...
Have a good Easter Day.
Margaret
glitterandglue
www.artycraftystuff.webeden.co.uk

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful work. Just like a real piece of lace work. The colours are beautiful. I have bought a book on parchment craft but have yet to try my hand at it. I know where i need to come though for help!!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Hettie said...

Oh Wow! Maggie this is stunning. So much work. Well done you.
Happy Easter.
xx