Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Much better today, thank you.

Thank you to all those who visited and commiserated with me after my bad day.  After a frustrating day yesterday, things finally went much better today.  In view of the weather forecast, DH decided that he would do the shopping today rather than wait for the snow tomorrow morning.  that meant a length trip round the town, to the butcher, Pet City (or whatever it is called these days), the cornstores for bird food (they are eating us out of house and home), then the supermarket for our food.

Then we decided to re-arrange the proposed vet visit from tomorrow morning to this afternoon.  He was very pleased with the way the wound is now healing, and basically told us to carry on with what we have been doing, so that was good news.

In between all that, I did manage to have a very satisfying craft session, completing one card, and half finishing the second.  I had the chance to really have fun, especially with my beautiful new Tonic guillotine.  I cannot believe how thin a piece I can cut off the paper, just tiny slivers.  I have never been able to do that with any of my previous rotary cutters.  This makes it so much easier to get very thin borders on my matting and layering.

To thosse of you who commented that I was very organised in getting my stamping masks done so soon.  You can take comfort from the fact that I still had to cut another four today to do the small project for the second card, doing them as I needed them.  Back to normal, except I should be able to keep them all together with the stamps in a plastic bag, ready for next time.

Hope you can all settle down and snuggle in front of a warm fire while the snow falls around us.  If not, take great care.  If you have to travel, take warm clothes, blankets, spades, a warm drink and some emergency food.  Oh yes, and make sure your phones are fully charged.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh bless you what a week you are having....it will get better :-) Thanks for calling by at mine earlier.....
Now please go and take a snap of something that makes you smile and pop over to mine and join in the fun.....please
Hugs,
A x