Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Friday 3 February 2012

Quirky Crafts Challenge - Make a scene

This is a decoupage card and I am entering it into the Quirky Crafts challenge to Make a Scene, very different from my usual scene cards (which are stamped).  I cannot remember which of the Crafter's Companion disc it is from, as I cut the pieces out and filed them into my projects to do box.  I am glad I had already got them cut as I do remember that they were horribly fiddly.  Putting them together this week was the easy part.  

As you can see from these photos, there are a lot of elements to be added to the base card, one gate and the fence (two sided), even one of the characters is two sided.  I did find it hard to match up the two sides of the gate and the fence, and then to add the little rabbit peering through the gate.


All the bits of decoupage is first curved slightly before being added to the picture, to give it more realistic dimension.  I have not done much decoupage recently, but I think I will be doing much more to use up all the things I have already cut out.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maggie, this does look like a fiddly job but children would just love the cute characters and that it can be opened and shut. Elizabeth x

Diane said...

Thank you for entering the latest challenge at the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog brilliant scene well done.

Bernie said...

Holy Moly Maggie this is fantastic! Loads of work but so well worth it, it's BEAUTIFUL!!!
Blessings Bernie

Caro said...

What a wonderful scene with so much detail! This is simply amazing and I love it! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

Marina said...

This is really lovely and a lot of work has gone into it.