Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and please leave me a comment. I always enjoy reading them, and will try to visit you in return.

For security reasons for me and for you, I would appreciate it if you would leave your name on your comments.

You are welcome to copy any of my designs, as long as you do not take credit for them yourself. I am very happy for you to sell them. If I have used anyone else's design, I always try to give credit where it is due. If I have missed anything, please let me know and I will put things right.


This is intended to be mainly about my crafting stories, as a personal record of what I do. However, I interpret crafting quite widely, not just paper crafting but other things too. I have a butterfly mind and like to change from one thing to another depending on what I feel like on a given day - knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, cards, baking and several others, including my favourite right now, parchment, both traditional skills and Groovi, very relaxing and calming to do.

I have decided to put some structure into my blog so that each day will have something of a theme.
Monday- for Mindfulness; Tuesday - Tidy Up Day; Wednesday - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday; Thursday - Technique and Tips; Friday - Finish Off Day; Saturday - Start Something New; Sunday - Anything Goes
These themes are not hard and fast and will be changed if I feel the need.

Wednesday 20 July 2011

WOYWW - 111 Back again!

Computers, DVD's, TV's, etc etc.  They are all such a pain to sort out when they go wrong. aren't they?  I apologise for my absence over the last couple of weeks.  It has been mainly down to the failure of various technical devices.  Apart from the total loss of all Virgin services for 24 hours last week, which was so annoying, not to mention expensive as we had to use our Pay as You Go mobiles instead of our "free" minutes from Virgin, we had a new TV system which took some getting used to.  

Then, as the computer was doing a scheduled Windows update, it crashed in the middle of the restart and refused to talk to the screen.  After we had tried all we know (postage stamp amount), we sent an SOS to Shaz (Silverwolf)' very kind husband, who said "I am fairly sure I know what that is, and took it in for emergency treatment and intensive care.

It has now been discharged from "hospital" and we are back online and can communicate again.  thank you so much, Doug.  You are a star.

My craft room looks rather as if a bomb has hit it.  I am only showing you the "tidier" bits this week.  We are about to start on the other bedroom so things are gradually filtering in to my room to keep them safe.  But it will be worth it in the end.  I am in the middle of trying to transfer some of our DVD collection to an external hard drive which will plug into the TV, and save us space.  Hence "Love Actually" on my table - one of our favourite films.  It is almost impossible to watch it without having a smile on your face at the end.  The cards are really Barbara Gray designs, but the prints have been scanned to the computer and then drawn out by Sakura pens in the Silhouette.  Then I coloured with toning Sakuras, and used the Krylon pend=s to do the edges, again toning with the Sakura. 
A few more bits and pieces scattered around while the computer wrestled with a DVD.  The little box under the monitor takes all the tired and broken blades from craft knives and cutters various, ready to take down to the tip to dispose of them safely.
A closer view of the cards and pens various.  The white on was again done by the pen attachment on the Silhouette, and coloured in with Sakura pens.  that is a card which is growing rather organically according to what inspiration hits each day.  I have no  idea what the end result will be.

The last card this week is one I did for our eldest grandaughter with Dufex Flower Fairies, which she seemd to really love.  I adore Dufex so it gets saved for specials only.

Right, I am off to bed now, but I hope to get round as many desks as possible this week.  In the meantime, do have fun wandering round all the other wonderful desks on show at Julia's place (http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/  )  See you all soon.

20 comments:

Helen said...

Hope your technical hiccups are behind you.... but your cards are lovely!

ScrappnBee said...

congats on getting your computer fixed! My laptop died a few weeks ago, and it was horrible being without while the other one was transferred to the new one. Nice cards. Idefinately need to look at getting a silouette! Good luck with the remodel! -Amanda #45

Neet said...

Glad you are back in the land of the living. I hate being without a computer.
Lovely little fairy card you have made.
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet x #3

nerllybird said...

Lovely stuff on your desk this week, the fairy card is beautiful. And don't you just love that phrase - 'it will all be worth it in the end', lol!
Helen S

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow, This card is very nice, sweet and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Kathleen said...

Don't know how you coped without your computer, brings me out in a rash thinking about it but then again I'm a self confessed addict and don't mind saying so.
Your granddaughters card is lovely she will be thrilled to bits with it.
Kathleen x

Berry said...

Desk is looking fab and busy glad your computer is all better now ours did all that a while ago too and we know nowt about tech stuff either! Happy WOYWW Hugs Rebekah #60 xx

Sarah said...

glad you are back in Techy land - so frustrating. Ant the craft room is always the first dumping ground. Hope you get sorted soon.

Thanks for sharing today!

Sarah.

Tammy said...

Sorry about your computer! Gorgeous card. :)

ScrappnBee said...

It is not silly to be rechecking your backups. When my first desktop died...and died hard...I got a terabyte external drive for backups. My DH said that he did not know that they made them that big at the time! Good luck with the fix!

Vicky said...

So frustrating when technology fails us!Lovely card for your granddaughter - so pretty. Happy WOYWW!

Hettie said...

Wow! You are a busy lady!! All that technology too!! Ever watched Practical Magic? My favourite film as well as the Lake House!!
Some lovely cards there too!

Cardarian said...

Oh I can understand technical problems - my daughter and I have been trying to fix one all afternoon and we gave up in the end! Huh! Love your card and desk is fun to snoop around!
Hugs,
Cardarian

Angie said...

What a great collection of cards ...your GD's card is beautiful.
I love that film too

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Maggie so lovely to see you back here and really love the Christmas cards and the fairy one also thanks for sharing and happy WOYWW, Shaz in Oz.x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Marg, I see what you mean now about the Sakura & Silhouette. Very nice indeed.Doug said thanks, I think you are making him far too pleased with himself,personally, lol. Glad its all ok though, speak soon,Love, Shaz

Linda Simpson said...

Desk is looking good, I have a surprise for you. Please hop over to my blog :)

Emma Williams said...

Hi Maggie! I was wondering where you were but it's so good to have you, your lovely cards and your workdesk back where they belong!! :) Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have any more technology problems for a long while.
Have a happy weekend...
Love Emma x

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm very late to the party, but never too late, frankly, to enlarge and admire your space..even if it is the tidy bit! Lovely cards.

lisa said...

Gadgets are just a nightmare when they go wrong aren't they. I'm so glad you are working well again now, what would we do without friends hubbys!!
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisa #72